At MyFarm, we’re right behind supporting the communities in which our farm businesses operate.
The following is a list of local causes, events, and activities to which we have contributed most recently.
This fund was launched to support local community projects in Canterbury and Southland.
- May 2013 - Hillside Primary School in Southland (application through Browns Pastoral Ltd Partnership) which received $500 to go towards ICT upgrades.
- April 2014 - AGITO (application through Hurunui Ltd Partnership) which received $500 to fund a seven-day outdoor experience for the top AGITO modern apprentice in the mid North-Canterbury district.
- April 2014 - Roslyn Bush Playcentre (application through Longbush ) which received $650 towards the $8000 cost of weather and bird proofing the verandah area. The Playcentre has 46 children from 25 local families.
As a long time supporter of the NZ Dairy Industry Awards, we’re proud to be associated with an event that showcases and encourages excellence in New Zealand’s dairy industry.
- May 2013 – New Zealand Dairy Industry Awards. MyFarm sponsored the wine for the NZDIA final night dinner in Wellington. ($5000)
- November 2013 - MyFarm becomes an official sponsor of the Otago-Southland Dairy Industry Awards. ($5000)
We hope we’ll never need one but it’s always good to know it’s there if we do.
From May 2013 to February 2014, MyFarm donated $1500 to the Southland and Manawatu Rescue Helicopter Trusts.
June 2013. Mary and Elliot Cooper run a six-week calf-rearing programme on their Hastings property for students from Flaxmere School – many of whom have never had the opportunity to raise animals. Calf milk is donated by Fonterra and the children’s lunches by Rural Women.
MyFarm donates the cups and ribbons for the School Calf Day held at the conclusion of the programme.
October 2013. MyFarm’s donation of $1100 was to support emerging talent and encourage more people to study for careers in agriculture.
December 2013. MyFarm was happy to support the efforts of the local Filipino community in Culverden in raising funds for disaster relief after the flooding in the Philippines. Our donation of $500 towards St Johns Memberships for the fundraising auction was designed to make membership of St Johns an affordable option for local families.
Motatapu Multi Sport isn’t for the faint hearted. Months of training went into this event. Lunchtimes were spent either running, cycling or swimming to ensure the team were at their peak for this event. A great support crew turned up to lend their help. Bumps, bruises and knocks were all part of the event, but this hasn’t deterred some of the team thinking of going back again.
Three keen MyFarm Mountain Bikers tackled the St James Cycle Trail in North Canterbury. With only minimal amounts of cramps and crashes, Grant Payton, Gareth Evans and Felix McGirr completed this 64km trail with its stunning mix of scenery including mountain peaks, crystal clear rivers and high country lakes.
Two MyFarm teams competed in the Round the Mountain relay event November 2012. This was a weekend long event, with the MyFarm team bunking down in New Plymouth. Tired sore bodies entered the office Monday morning with one team happy with their 11th placing.
The tough guy girl challenge was completed by some of the enthusiastic MyFarm team on a warm winters day.
Think army assault course - Mud running, belly crawling and rope climbing and a lot of laughs along the way.